We want your business!!
Once your moving date has been confirmed you can look forward to moving into your new home.
However, you are unlikely to be so enthusiastic about packing. Here are some tips for perfect packing.
- Before you start, make sure you have the correct packing materials - bubble wrap, newspaper,
string, razor knife, bin bags, scissors, marker pens, paper and plenty of empty boxes (all sizes).
- Start early. Packing will almost certainly take longer than you anticipated.
- Begin at the top of the house and move downwards. If you have an attic, it's a good idea
to sort it out first. You will probably discover several things you didn't realise you owned!
- Use moving house as an opportunity to sort out your possessions. Throw away your rubbish
and separate any items that can be given to friends or charity shops.
- Pack one room at a time, clearly labelling each box with details of its contents and
the room to which it belongs.
- Clearly label any boxes that contain breakables.
- Wrap items individually and place in a box that has been lined with several layers of newspaper
and a sheet of bubble wrap. Any breakables should be also be wrapped in bubble wrap.
- It may sound obvious but pack heavier items on the bottom of the box and lighter items on top.
- Ask the removers to keep all the boxes for each room together. This will save time unpacking.
- Pack a safe or fireproof box with important documents such as birth and marriage certificates.
- Tie up electrical cords to prevent them from getting tangled. Use rubber bands or bag ties
to secure the cords.